Want to learn more about outside research studies that you or a family member might be eligible for in the field of ASD? Below is a listing of current studies in the Boston area (not affiliated with Boston Higashi School). Please follow the links for more information!
The Center for Autism Research Excellence (CARE) at Boston University is seeking participants for the following study:
* Minimally Verbal Autism Spectrum Disorder: From Basic Mechanisms to Innovative Interventions – Enrolling children and young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder ages 4 through 21 years to learn why some individuals with autism do not develop spoken language.
Learn more about Dr. Helen Tager-Flusberg, and view her recent presentation at Higashi.
Higashi parent Stephen Nadel is seeking fathers who have children with autism, between the ages of 5 and 12, for a study on the support needs of fathers.
View the flyer for more information
The Lurtie Center for Autism, part of Mass General Hospital, is seeking participants for the following studies:
* Mirtazapine - enrolling children and teens with ASD aged 5-17 years to evaluate the effectiveness in reducing anxiety.
* Intranasal Oxytocin - enrolling children and teens with ASD aged 3-17 years to evaluate the effectiveness in improving social behaviors.
* Vasopressin antagonist - enrolling men with ASD aged 18-45 years to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and effects on social communication.
* MR-PET - enrolling men with ASD or typical development aged 18-40 years to investigate the structure and function of the brain of adults with and without ASD.